Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Organic Sculpture

 


Out of the Blue

Wooden sticks, white thread, Winsor and Newton inks, masking tape, tracing paper, gel medium, hot glue, small wooden slats 

10.5" x 7" x 6.5"



Initially I went into this sculpture with no motive or inspiration, I just began doing what came to my mind, and I was pleased with the results. Once the sculpture was constructed, it was still colorless, but I felt really drawn to add blue to the piece. I ended up using blue and purple inks for the color, and this color combination reminds me of the ocean and ocean life, especially at night. The little crinkles on the corners were made from crumpled up tracing paper which I then painted over with gel medium to harden each piece. I believe that these pieces resemble coral, and other underwater plant life. The complexity of the piece and the different directions it goes in now represent the complexity of the ocean and the different directions that ocean life tend to move in. I also feel as though the tracing paper could look like actual paper, representing litter in the ocean, and each stick going in a different direction symbolizes the paths that ocean life take to free themselves of the litter areas. Normally when creating I tend to start off with an inspiration, but with this piece I just went straight in with no inspiration, which I think I'd like to try again. 

Organic Time #1 Sculpture by Arianna Niero | Saatchi Art

Arianna Niero



14a Organic-Variation-Blue on Blue-with-Goo-Gaas Sculpture by Nanci  Schrieber-Smith | Saatchi Art

Nanci Schrieber


Negative Space Sculpture | (55x45x20cm Approx.) This constru… | Flickr

Nancy Allen


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Natural History of the Senses Relief Sculpture

  Fire & Ice Cardstock paper, acrylic paint, gel medium, hot glue, masking tape 17" x 14" x 1" The sculpture entitled Fir...